How To Get A Refund on Xbox Game – Step-by-step Guide
Are you having trouble with a game you purchased on Xbox and want to request a refund? Don’t worry, it’s easy to get your money back if you follow the right steps. Here’s how to refund a game on Xbox.
Refunding A Game On Xbox Step by Step
- Go to the Microsoft Store website on your computer or mobile device. You can also access the Microsoft Store through the Xbox app on your Windows 10 device.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. This is the account you used to purchase the game.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the page and select “My Library” from the dropdown menu.
- Find the game you want to request a refund for and click on it.
- Click on the “More options” (…) button and select “Return this product.”
- You’ll be taken to a page with a list of reasons for requesting a refund. Select the reason that best applies to your situation and click “Next.”
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide more details about your refund request. Be sure to include any relevant information, such as error messages you received or issues you experienced while playing the game.
- Click “Submit” to send your refund request.
It’s important to note that not all refund requests will be approved. Microsoft has a 14-day return policy for most digital purchases, but this policy may not apply to all games or in all cases. If your refund request is denied, you’ll receive an email explaining the reason for the denial.
Xbox Game Pass Refund
If you purchased the game through the Xbox Game Pass subscription service, the process for requesting a refund is slightly different. To request a refund for a game purchased through the Xbox Game Pass, follow these steps:
- Go to the Xbox Game Pass website on your computer or mobile device.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Click on “Billing” in the top menu.
- Scroll down to the “Purchased content” section and click on the game you want to request a refund for.
- Click on the “Request a refund” button.
- Follow the prompts to complete your refund request.
If your refund request is approved, you’ll receive an email confirmation and the amount of the refund will be credited to your Microsoft account. Keep in mind that it may take up to five business days for the refund to be processed.
In summary, requesting a refund for a game on Xbox is easy. Just go to the Microsoft Store website or the Xbox Game Pass website, sign in to your Microsoft account, and follow the prompts to submit a refund request. Keep in mind that not all refund requests will be approved, and it may take up to five business days for the refund to be processed.